Friday, December 9, 2011

 Tis’ the Season for Recipes


December is now in full swing and I can feel myself getting the urge to start baking.  Last year my mom and I spent a day together baking our little hearts out. Just let me say…it was well worth it. We absolutely love to dig through a cookbook or Southern Living magazine and find beautifully yummy recipes! Paula Deen, Martha Stewart, and all you other bakers out there better get ready to slide on over! My mom and I can whip up a pretty tasty treat! Lol!
All jokes aside, baking is suchhhh FUN!! The funnest part though is eating it!! YUM! YUM! To start the season off I thought I'd share the recipe to one of the things I baked last year! Cake pops...
                  and let me say...
                                        they didn't last long! These little babies are so easy to make! 


Cake Pops
I adapted this recipe from a couple different recipes I found on other sites! 

This is your basic cake pop recipe. No frills. Just plain, simple and scrumdilious.  
  1. Make a 13×9 cake. Any flavor you like, just follow the instructions on the box. I have personally found that chocolate tastes the best. Let it cool. Crumble the cake  and add in 1 can of cream cheese frosting. Put it into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
  2. After refrigerating form the mixture into ping pong size balls. Then place a sucker stick (I used the extra long ones) with a bit of icing on it into the top of each one. Pop them into the refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
  3. While waiting, start melting your candy melts.
  4. After 15 minutes in the fridge, dip and swirl each pop into your candy melt. Sprinkle with toppings if you like or pipe designs on each one.
  5. Once you’ve got an even coating on the cake pop, place the stick into a Styrofoam block while the candy melt shell hardens. 
  6. Announce to your family and friends that the cake pops are ready. Be prepared to break up fights. (Yes, cake pops are THAT good)
I bought a Christmas pail from A.C. Moore to put my cake pops in.
 I placed a Styrofoam floral block in the the bottom.
Tissue paper is tucked between
each pop to hide it. 

I sprinkled my cake pops with colored sugar, "sprinkles", and crushed candy canes.

Join me in a couple of days for recipe #2

xoxo

Josie



No comments: