Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Slip Covered Couch

I am the luckiest girl in the world! I have a mom and a sister who are seamstresses. My sister is currently a shoe designer and has a degree in fashion design. My mom is a retired RN and has always loved sewing and creating. She now teaches sewing lessons to adults and children. What more can a girl ask for?!
As I posted earlier, we have been working on updating my furniture and trying to get my "new" house in order. My couch which we decided to slipcover is finally finished and I want to share the pictures. We used painters drop clothes instead of buying bolts of fabric. I bought 6-7 drop clothes from Lowes. They were on sale for less than $10 each and they measured 6x9. The end result is FANTASTICALLY BEAUTIFUL! Plus, I only spent $60-$70 and now have a "Like New"couch!!! That beats buying a new couch and this couch, even though outdated in looks, is made extremely well. I bought it about 15 years ago from Lazuras Department (now Macy's) store.








 
  

Now on to the carpet!!
Happy days are here again!!

XOXO
Josie

No comments: