Sunday, December 25, 2011

Chocolate Cake with fresh raspberries



This year for our Christmas Eve get together I made a 
chocolate cake with ganache icing. 
The cake was super moist and yummy in the tummy!  



Recipe:
Sour Cream Chocolate Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup shortening
1 cup water 
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla 
1/2 tsp baking power
2 eggs
4 squares (1oz each) 
semi-sweet chocolate,
melted and cooled slightly

Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour pan(s).
Beat all ingredients on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds.
Beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 3 minutes. Pour into pan(s)
Bake until cake tester inserted comes out clean, rectangle 40-45 minutes, rounds 30-35 minutes; cool.
 This cake recipe is from my Betty Crocker cookbook. It was a wedding gift to me and I love it. 
I have used it so much over the years that the pages are stained and torn!

Ganache
follow this link for the ganache icing recipe that I used
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-ganache/

Joey and I hanging out at Uncle Jon's Christmas Eve!
My gang is all here!
"The Couples"

Happy Baking!!!!

XOXO
Josie




No comments: