Thursday, June 5, 2014

Photo Collage Shadow Box


This is a really easy photo collage project that doesn't take much time at all. I first started out by taking a bunch of photos at our local park and downtown area. This photo collage is inside one of those plastic photo collage boxes and it has 3 layers. The first layer is a background image of a tree. I cut it to size and then glued it directly to the bottom (inside back) of the shadow box. The middle section is an image of the courthouse and the largest flower. I used an x acto knife to cut out the building and flower and then glued a couple of styo-foam pieces to the back of them so that they would pop out from my bottom image. Once that was dry, I glued them to my background. For the final layer, I used my x acto knife and cut out flower images and pieces of a stone wall from several other photos . I then sprayed the front of these pieces with spray adhesive and layered them on the inside of the clear lid of the shadow box. Before any of these pieces were attached permanently, I practiced placing them in different arrangements to see what looked best.

 I think this would be a fun project for kids to do with photos from a vacation! 
Have Fun!
xoxoxo
Josie

No comments: