Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mural Mural on the Wall...

      I just got back from painting class and I'm in the process of finishing an oil painting of a rabbit. After it dries (in about a week) I'm going to antique it. Once it's finished I'll post it. 
     In the mean time I thought I'd post pictures of another jungle themed bedroom.  This one was done for the former Marshall University and retired NFL football player Troy Brown. Naturally I was a little nervous so, I recruited the help of my painter dad. 


This is Mr. Cheetah .


This guy was a little hard to paint because it was on a tilted  wall that was textured like the ceiling.


Here is Mr. White Tiger! GROWL!!
This picture was taken before it was completed.  You can tell because of  the grassy area around his body.


Each of these paintings were over his little boys beds.  Can you imagine waking up in the middle of the night and seeing this?  LOL! Actually he looks pretty tame..and lovable.

Almost all of my murals were taken on old cameras which means I'm missing a lot of the final shots of completed murals.  The ones that were taken on digital cameras belonged to someone else and now I'm having trouble back tracking to find images. Honestly, at the time I never thought I'd be posting them on a blog! I've never really been that computer savvy! This is actually the first year I've really done much other than type!  Sad huh? LOL! 

Love,
Josie

No comments: