Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter!

This year I made my kiddos' Easter baskets! I had been meaning to make these for the last several years, but some how never managed. When I was a little girl my mom made a version of these baskets, so these bring back memories. 



Supplies: embroidery thread (I like the thicker), balloons, Mod Podge (years ago mom used sugar water, I tried starch this time around and it did not work very well), ribbon and other embellishments, hot glue gun/sticks.
  • start by blowing up your balloons. 
  • soak the embroidery thread in the Mod Podge.
  • Tie the end of your string around the knot at the opening of the balloon and carefully start wrapping it. Be prepared because this is messy and a little annoying. The string has a tendency to slip until you really get going with it.
  • After it is wrapped, add more Mod Podge to ensure that the strings are soaked all the way through. I hung mine from a light fixture until they were dry. 
  • Once they dry, you can pop the balloon and and get to work cutting a hole in the front. I also pushed the bottom in on mine so that they'd stand upright.
  • Lastly, have fun decorating!
  • The following pictures that detail some of the steps.










I think that these 
turned out really cute! 
Happy Easter!
and Remember...
He is Risen!
xoxoxo
Josie


No comments: