Supplies: embroidery thread (I like the thicker), balloons, Mod Podge (years ago mom used sugar water, I tried starch this time around and it did not work very well), ribbon and other embellishments, hot glue gun/sticks.
- start by blowing up your balloons.
- soak the embroidery thread in the Mod Podge.
- Tie the end of your string around the knot at the opening of the balloon and carefully start wrapping it. Be prepared because this is messy and a little annoying. The string has a tendency to slip until you really get going with it.
- After it is wrapped, add more Mod Podge to ensure that the strings are soaked all the way through. I hung mine from a light fixture until they were dry.
- Once they dry, you can pop the balloon and and get to work cutting a hole in the front. I also pushed the bottom in on mine so that they'd stand upright.
- Lastly, have fun decorating!
- The following pictures that detail some of the steps.
I think that these
turned out really cute!
He is Risen!